Thursday, November 17, 2016

So Much For Promoting My Stuff On Google+!

Message I received this morning from The Google+ Team:
“Dear Richard Fay,
"We’ve determined that your posts may be in violation of our User Content and Conduct Policy.
"Spamming, including sending unwanted promotional or commercial content, or engaging in unwanted or mass solicitation, is not permitted.
"Continued violation of our policies can lead to the loss of your ability to use some or all features of Google+. Learn more
"Sincerely,
"The Google+ team”

I went on Google+ and received this pop-up message:

“Warning

"Your content has recently violated our policies.

"Spamming, including sending unwanted promotional or commercial content, or unwanted or mass solicitation, is not permitted.

"If you continue, you may lose the ability to use some or all features of Google+ and other Google services.”
I assume this is in reaction to the fact that I’ve been posting a lot of links to merchandise and sales in my Zazzle Store and Redbubble Shop. PoD sites expect their artists and designers to promote their own stuff, but when we do, we’re seen as spammers. Sometimes, I get the feeling it’s a “no win” situation.

At this point, this might be a sign for me to stop using Google+. If I cannot promote my products and sales on Google+, then Google+ is useless to me. I cannot afford to lose other Google services over something that might be of little use to me anyway.

No comments: