Thursday, June 30, 2016

Not Really Me



I suppose I’m not a legitimate intellectual
Because I don’t use an intellectual’s words.

I suppose I’m not an authentic scholar
Because I don’t possess a scholar’s degree.

I suppose I’m not a proper scientist
Because I don’t think a scientist’s thoughts.

I suppose I’m not a valid original
Because I don’t exhibit an original’s flair

I suppose I’m not an actual creative
Because I don’t act a creative’s part.

I suppose I’m not a real writer
Because I don’t make a writer’s wage.

I suppose I’m not a bona fide artist
Because I don’t wear an artist’s look.

I suppose I’m not a genuine poet
Because I don’t live a poet’s life.

I suppose I’m actually nothing
Because I don’t stick to just one thing.

I suppose I’m not really me
Because I don’t truly exist as me.

I suppose that sounds kind of stupid,
doesn’t it?

No comments: