Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Sliding Through Another Dimension: Was to be Published, but Hasn't Been Published Yet, Now Added to Society6

I added my weird sci-fi artwork "Sliding Through Another Dimension (Orange Background)" to Society6. This one comes in three different color schemes: full-color on an orange background, full-color on a blue background, and black and white. Here it is on orange:

Sliding Through Another Dimension (Orange Background)



"Sliding Through Another Dimension" is a work I did last year, one that I thought was going in appear in a couple of different publications. I sent both the black and white version and the orange version to an editor back on May 1st, 2014. The editor accepted both works on June 29th, 2014. He originally told me he was going to use the black and white version as interior art in an October 2014 issue of one publication and the color version as cover art on another publication, which publication and which issue of that publication to be determined at a later date. October 2014 came and went and my art remained unused. On November 3rd, 2014, I inquired about the publication status of my art. On November 4th, 2014, the editor told me it might be published as interior art in the January 2015 issue. January 2015 came and went, and my art still remained unpublished.

Now that it's almost the end of October 2015, I figured the time has come to say to heck with it and post the artwork to Society 6. Disappointments such as this one are among the many reasons why I've decided to take a hiatus from doing much unsolicited work for submission to publications and concentrate on adding my stuff to sites like Society6. Considering that this was a double acceptance, it's double the disappointment. When the gatekeepers prove so unreliable, I'll just bypass them completely and find my own way. Quite frankly, I'm sick of seeing acceptances that never pan out in the end.

No comments: