Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My "Wyvern": An "Oldie-but-Goodie" (And Still Sellin')

Sold last night through my Richard Fay / Azure Lion Productions Zazzle Store: one Wyvern Keychain.

The "Wyvern" is one of my "oldies-but-goodies" It's a design dating back to when I sold framed art and bookmarks at the local medieval fair and a few other local arts and crafts fairs. I used to photocopy my original line drawings onto parchment paper and then hand-color the copied drawings using colored pencils. The "Wyvern" was part of my framed art collection. I know I sold at least one copy in 2000, at the local medieval fair. Now, thanks to modern computer technology and sites like Zazzle, I sell merchandise like keychains featuring a digitally colored version of that same design.

Created in 1999 (that's the date on the drawing itself). Sold in 2000. Still sellin' in 2015. Not bad. Not bad at all.

No comments: