Saturday, February 7, 2015

Spam Message: Your Facebook Cover

Talk about barking up the wrong tree! A spam message I received today started off with:
"My name is and I’m a graphic designer, specialized in designing custom Facebook Timeline covers for companies and organizations. I'm reaching out to you today, because I would like to make a beautifully branded, functional and effective cover for your Facebook page: Azure Lion Productions, that will not only be unique, but also creates brand awareness and promotes your business."

Apparently, this graphic designer would charge me a one-time fee of $49 to create a cover pic for my Azure Lion Productions Facebook page. Firstly, my Facebook page named Azure Lion Productions was my old, now defunct page. My current page is Richard H. Fay - Artist. Secondly, considering that I am an artist, I tend to do my cover pics, thank you very much! My art has even appeared on other people's websites, like the Cyberwizard Productions site. (One of the really funny things about this is that $49 is exactly one dollar less than what I got for that CWP header image!)

Grading this graphic designer's attempt to get more commissions, I give them an A for effort, but an F for failure to do a little background research on prospective clients prior to sending unsolicited messages.

My current Facebook page cover:
Copyright © 2014 Richard H. Fay

No comments: