Tuesday, January 13, 2015

More Than a Poet!

Someone in a Facebook discussion about prose fiction said this to me:
"You're a poet, Richard. This is directed at non-poetry stuff."
Yes, I'm a published poet with over one hundred poetry publication credits under my belt. However, I'm also a published writer of prose, including prose fiction. I've seen a handful of stories published in various venues.

One of the reasons that I've seen only a handful of stories published is because I've written only a handful of stories. Most of the short stories I've written since I started seriously submitting material for publication back in 2007 have been published in zines.

As a matter of fact, my prose fiction appears on-line in my Redbubble portfolio. I gathered together all my published short fiction pieces (plus one previously unpublished drabble) here:
Richard Fay: Stories


In case you want to know where my stories have been published, since most have, here's the list:

Those From the Shadows..........Bete Noire, Issue #14, February 2014.

An Evil in Carnlinton..........Sorcerous Signals, Feb - Apr '14 Issue, February 2014; also Mystic Signals, Issue 20, 5th Anniversary Double Issue, February 2014.

Father Ryan's Fright..........Anotherealm, November 2013.

The Redcap of Glamtallon..........Cover of Darkness, Issue 14, March 2013.

Sing the Bones Alive..........Bards and Sages Quarterly, Volume V, Issue I, January 2013; also Bardic Tales and Sage Advice (Vol. VI), August 2014.

The Stars Weren't Really Right After All..........The Drabbler #19: Climate Change, September 2011.

The Abominable Snowman Snowless..........The Drabbler #19: Climate Change, September 2011. Honorable Mention in the 19th Sam's Dot Drabble Contest.

Vengeance of the Alpe..........Hungur, Issue 11, All Souls' Night 2010.; also Night to Dawn, Issue 21, April 2012

From Within the Earth..........MicroHorror, November 1, 2010.

The Trouble With Unsolicited Messages..........The Drabbler #11, June 2008. Honorable Mention in the 11th Sam's Dot Drabble Contest.

I'm a writer of non-fiction, too:
Richard Fay Non-Fiction Articles


Anyone wonder why I no longer like to participate in discussions about writing? When even friends say things like "You're a poet, Richard. This is directed at non-poetry stuff.", I feel less-than-welcome as a participant in discussions about writing prose fiction.

I'm so sick of this crap! Unfortunately, such crap is particularly prevalent in the writing world.

In this latest case, I don't believe my friend meant any offense, but I do feel just a bit offended.

No comments: