Friday, January 23, 2015

Artwork Accepted for Cover of Spring SPACEPORTS & SPIDERSILK

I send off my latest artwork, a fun sci-fi piece, to the editor who requested something for her Spring 2015 issue.The editor's response:
"Very nice! I will write you an acceptance."
And I have already received the acceptance. So, it looks like my fun sci-fi artwork "Telling Tales" will be appearing on the cover of the Spring 2015 issue of Spaceports & Spidersilk. That means I will have art on both the spring and the fall issues! The editor previously accepted my monster artwork "Monster in the Ruin" for the fall.

Nice! Definitely not bad for an artist who has taken something of a hiatus from the world of genre publications. Even though I have declared I want to take a break from working on art for publications, I don't mind making the occasional  exception and doing a few pieces on request. It's certainly better than toiling away on a bunch of artworks for unsolicited submissions, only to have the products of that labour linger in submission limbo indefinitely.

No comments: