Monday, October 20, 2014

Help: Horror Comics of the 1970s?

Anyone know what horror comics were around in the mid-late 1970s, apart from the obvious Marvel titles of TOMB OF DRACULA and WEREWOLF BY NIGHT? When I was a kid, I had a couple of large-format horror comics my grandmother had bought me. The interior art was all in black and white, and the stories were mostly of the creepy/macabre/supernatural type. They COULD have been reprints of earlier works republished in the mid-late 70s.

I loved those books (they were so creepy), but my mother got it in her head that they were a bad influence on me. One day, to punish me for some undisclosed infraction, she made me throw the comics in the trash compactor. I've never forgiven her for that.

I would love to try to replace those comics, but I don't know where to begin. I can't seem to recall the titles. I still have a couple of issues of WHERE MONSTERS DWELL, but the lost comics were different.

No comments: