Wednesday, October 15, 2014

ALL My Poems Published in EVERY DAYS POETS Received Poor Ratings!

Well, this is interesting. I figured I would check the ratings on the other poems I had published by EVERY DAY POETS, and guess what? The other three, "Autumnal Woodland Morn", "Moaning Hemlock Tree", and "Winter Crows", ALL received rather low ratings, especially considering how many positive comments each one received.

My autumnal cinquain "Autumnal Woodland Morn", which was published in EVERY DAY POETS on November 9, 2008, received a rating of 1.9 out of 5, with 25 votes cast.

My wintery haiku "Moaning Hemlock Tree", which was published in the zine on January 12, 2009, received a rating of 1.5 out of 5, with 21 votes cast.

My seasonal corvine verse "Winter Crows", which was published in the zine on March 10, 2009, received a rating of 1.8 out of 5, with 22 votes cast.

It makes me think the ratings are less a judgement of the quality (or lack thereof) of my works and more an expression of hatred toward me personally. I know "Winter Crows" received at least one 5 out of 5. Right in the comments in response to the poem on the EVERY DAY POETS site, someone said they gave me a five for that one.

It's petty crap like this why I'm so fed up with the writing world and just want to say the heck with it!

"I'll show that a**hole, I'll give his poems a bad rating!"

How effing childish!

1 comment:

Richard Fay said...

I already mentioned, in a previous post, that my feline cinquain "Yellow Eyes", which was originally published over at EVERY DAY POETS on June 26, 2009, received a rating of only 1.8 out of 5 (with 19 votes cast).