Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Yet More About Lovecraft and My Opinions of the Genre Writing World

Back to the brouhaha over Lovecraft! I've now been told that it's "not cool" to dismiss people who have won or might win the WFA award as "drama queens" for voicing genuine upset.

My reply:

Yeah, I get the message, a message sent loud and clear over, and over, and over again: a number of people in the genre writing world don't really care much for me or my opinions.

To be perfectly honest, I've given up giving a damn! I'm sure most of the rest of the world couldn't care less about these genre world brouhahas!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: actions speak louder than words. Of course, such a concept is probably lost on writers, especially those of a particularly self-righteous and egotistical type (as in having such inflated egos that they think the whole world should give a damn about their self-righteous indignation over the racist views of a writer who has been dead for 77 years).

And if you think I am now flipping a finger at those writers and the playground they play in, that's because I am! These constant genre writing world tempests in teapots have finally made me turn my back on that world.

So, you don't have to worry your pretty little head about me saying such uncool things in these discussions/debates/arguments any longer, because I'm finished! I'm washing my hands of these things.

Cue the attempt by some in the genre writing world to ruin my reputation and/or career because of things I have said in 3, 2, 1...

No comments: