Saturday, August 23, 2014

Writer's Diet Tool

Here is an amusing tool to see if your writing is "fit" or "flabby":
WritersDiet Test
I'm not sure the results mean much, but I ran the first part of my fantasy adventure story "An Evil in Carnlinton", the first part of my fairy fantasy story "Father Ryan's Fright", and the revised first chapter of the fantasy novel I'm currently rewriting through this tool, and all came out as "lean". The first part of my horror story "The Redcap of Glamtallon" came out as "fit and trim".

Seeing as how wordy I can be at times, I was sure I would get at least "needs toning". I was a bit surprised how lean my writing seems to be. All that time I spent writing poetry must have done some good!

Maybe I should run some of my non-fiction through the tool and see what I get...


...And, I did. I ran my article "The Alp and the Schrattl" through the tool, and it came out as "fit and trim". It did say that my use of prepositions and adjectives and adverbs "needs toning".

No comments: