Friday, July 25, 2014

Book Cover Artworks

An author/editor/publisher friend of mine recently posted something about book covers. It got me thinking about the book cover artworks I have done. I don't seem to get many opportunities to do book cover artworks (I tend to do more zine cover art), but I have done artwork for the covers of two poetry collections and one e-book anthology. In each instance, I attempted to make the art eye-catching. I think I succeeded. My favourite of the three may be my artwork for Shelly Bryant's poetry collection Under the Ash (the middle image). I think it's an interesting piece.

Cover artwork for David C. Kopaska-Merkel's poetry collection Brushfires, published by Sam's Dot Publishing, October 2010.

Cover artwork for Shelly Bryant's poetry collection Under the Ash, published by Sam's Dot Publishing, December 2010.

Cover art for Doug Hilton's How We Play Football in Alabama and Other Stories From Doug's World

No comments: