Saturday, June 28, 2014

Trying to Make a Difference with Art: "Under the Ice on Enceladus" Cover Art for July 2014 SPACEPORTS & SPIDERSILK

Those calling for more persons-of-colour and more tastefully-depicted women in genre art should check out my artwork "Under the Ice on Enceladus" currently on the cover of the July 2014 issue of Spaceports & Spidersilk. I know they won't, since few of the complainers seem to pay the slightest bit of attention to lil' ol' me and my works, but perhaps they should. This particular artwork features both a black male scientist/astronaut/aquanaut and a reasonably-clad, respectably-posed white female scientist/astronaut/aquanaut.

You see, instead of trying to make a difference by bitching about the problem or telling others what to do to make things better, I'm actually trying to make a difference by doing something about it. I know it's art and not fiction, but as the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Besides, it's a fun, colourful piece! Also, it's on the cover of a genre zine for younger readers, so I'm trying to have a positive influence on young, impressionable minds.

Anyway, check out "Under the Ice on Eceladus" on the cover of the July 2014 issue of Spaceports & Spidersilk (click on the cover pic on the Smashwords page to view a larger image).

No comments: