Sunday, June 29, 2014

Scratch Another (STAR*LINE) Off My List!

Since I had a Twitter fight with the editor of the 2014 Rhysling anthology, and since the Rhysling anthology and Star*Line are both publications of the Science Fiction Poetry Association, I think I might be scratching Star*Line off my list of potential markets. Even though Star*Line published one of my poems ("Holiday on Phreetum Prime") back in 2008, even though the journal has, more recently, published several examples of my filler art, I'm not sure my works will be welcome there much longer. Anyway, I suspect some people in the SFPA would be happiest if I never sent anything that way again. I bet at least a few would think it no great loss.

Yes, I seem to be burning bridges again. My list of potential publication markets may be dwindling, but my sales through my on-line stores keep increasing, so it all balances out in the end. The more I concentrate on my stores, the less I have to deal with the fucked-up world of genre writing and publications. Besides, as long as some of my regulars keep sending work my way, I'll keep at least a toehold in that world.

Oh, well, I'll always have my previous publications in Star*Line:

Holiday on Phreetum Prime (poem)..........Star*Line, March/April 2008
Aliens Entwined (interior illustration)..........Star*Line, Volume 36, Issue 1, January 2013.
It Rises From the Ooze (interior illustration)..........Star*Line, Volume 36, Issue 1, January 2013.
Nessiterix Attacks an Elephoid (interior illustration)..........Star*Line, Volume 36, Issue 2, April 2013.

Legion (interior illustration)..........Star*Line, Volume 36, Issue 4, Autumn 2013, October 2013.

In Its Eye (interior illustration)..........Star*Line, Volume 37, Issue 1, Winter 2014, January 2014.
Reflections (interior illustration)..........Star*Line, Volume 37, Issue 2, Spring 2014, April 2014.