Sunday, June 29, 2014

Numbers Don't Lie: Controversy Gets Attention

So far, my blog entry "Marion Zimmer Bradley's Works and Sexual Molestation Allegations Against Her: Is the Art the Artist?" has received 26 views. My blog entry "Trying to Make a Difference with Art: "Under the Ice on Enceladus" Cover Art for July 2014 SPACEPORTS & SPIDERSILK", posted over an hour earlier than the MZB post, has received only 10 views.

I know what many people in the genre writing world really care about - controversy! The proof is in the numbers. My more controversial post, one that stirred up a Twitter fight, has received over twice the views of the post about my art featuring both a black male scientist/astronaut/aquanaut and a reasonably-clad, respectably-posed white female scientist/astronaut/aquanaut.

I'm getting the message, loud and clear, and it's not a pleasant one.
I guess more people care about what I say than what I do. That's sad. That's very, very sad. It also seems that the "fail mob" and the "PC Police" don't really care about making a difference. They just care about causing trouble!

Also, if you're not going to pay attention to me, why not be consistent about it? Ignore ALL my entries, not just the ones that might actually make me look good!