Monday, June 30, 2014

An Artist/Illustrator, Too...

I've had some really good news on the art-front lately. Since recent controversies may have distracted some people from my posts about my creative works, I thought I would write up a summary of recent art news. I've already posted entries about the art on the cover of Spaceports & Spidersilk and the twofer acceptance of both versions of "Sliding Through Another Dimension", but I figured I would do a re-cap of what I already posted plus add mention of some recent sales through my on-line stores.

- My colourful sci-fi artwork "Under the Ice on Enceladus" featuring a black male scientist/astronaut/aquanaut and a reasonably-clad, respectably-posed white female scientist/astronaut/aquanaut appears on the cover of the July 2014 Issue of Spaceports & Spidersilk.

- Both the black and white version and the full-colour version of my surreal sci-fi artwork "Sliding Through Another Dimension" have been accepted for publication in Alban Lake Publishing zines, the black and white as an interior illustration in Outposts of Beyond, the full-colour as cover art for Outposts or another Alban Lake zine.

- Art completed recently: a four-illustration assignment for Sorcerous Signals/The Lorelei Signal.


- Sold recently through Redbubble:  one sticker featuring my dark artwork "Denizens of the Diabolic Wood". This work has sold through Redbubble six times now, mostly on stickers.- Sold recently through CafePress to a customer in Queensland, Australia: the perennial favourite Down Under, my Scottish Thistle and Saltire Decal.

- Another recent sale through CafePress: one Triceratops T Shirt sold to a customer in North Dakota.


- Sold recently (today, actually) through Zazzle to a customer in Lincoln, England: one Tudor Rose Keychain.

- Another recent sale through Zazle: one Triceratops Tie sold to a customer in Japan.

This wasn't so recent, (I received the acceptance back on May 26th), but I'm including it here because I think it's an important acceptance:

- My fantasy artwork featuring the legendary sorceress Morgan Le Fay clad in reasonable garb and posed in a reasonable fashion has been accepted for use on the cover of the January 2015 issue of Bards and Sages Quarterly.

No comments: