Friday, May 30, 2014

Where Do Genre Writers Find the Time to Write and to Fight?

My God, genre writers seem to have an awful lot of time on their hands, with all that criticizing, crusading, and infighting! Where do they find the time for all that crap and still find time to write?

I swear, some genre writers must spend the majority of their time not on actual writing, but on searching for the next racist/sexist/whatever target. They must spend most of their time launching the latest in a long string of genre world attacks against political incorrectness, rather than spending that time working on their latest WiP. If that's not the case, if these writers have so much time on their hands that they can spend several hours a day writing and still find several hours a day to participate in the latest genre world fracas, I must reach the conclusion that writing isn't nearly as hard and time-consuming as some writers would have you believe.

I know when I'm wasting time ranting, I'm not getting any drawing done. Ranting takes time away from the more important things, like working on my latest illustration assignment.

1 comment: