Sunday, May 11, 2014

Two Illustrations From POSTSCRIPTS TO DARKNESS Volume 3

Here are two illustrations I did that were published back in April 2013 in Volume 3 of Postscripts to Darkness. The first is my illustration for James K. Moran's "Carl and Monty’s Prairie Wager". Out of the two illos I did for PsD 3, I've always liked this one better. I think the subject matter fit my style, and the image fit the story. It worked.

Illustration for James K. Moran's "Carl and Monty’s Prairie Wager" published in Postscripts to Darkness, Volume 3, April 2013.
Illustration Copyright © 2013 Richard H. Fay 
 
The second is my illustration  for Alexander Gonzalez's "Shade Creeper". I've never liked this illustration as much as the one I did for "Carl and Monty's Prairie Wager". This one gave me a bit of trouble, and it ended up kind of blah. I think part of the problem was Alexander Gonzalez's quietly creepy story of a dying/dead artist inspired me less, visually speaking, than did Jame's K. Moran's zombie tale. Still, the illo was published alongside the story in PsD 3.
Illustration for Alexander Gonzalez's "Shade Creeper" published in Postscripts to Darkness, Volume 3, April 2013.
Illustration Copyright © 2013 Richard H. Fay


No comments: