Saturday, May 17, 2014

Sold a Ten Pack of Pattern Welding Magnets

Sold tonight through my Azure Lion Productions CafePress Shop to a customer in Brooklyn, NY: 10 pack of Pattern Welding Magnets.

As I say in the product description:
This detail of two Viking-era swords illustrates two different types of pattern welding.

My "Pattern Welding" illustration is another one, like my "Three Viking Sword Hilts", that I'm getting a lot of mileage out of. The illustration originally appeared, in black and white, in Flashing Swords, Issue 11, August 2008, alongside Bill Ward's article "Serpents of Steel: The Swords of the Viking Age". More recently, I added a colour version to items in my online stores. I have now sold a pack of ten magnets featuring the same illustration.

I love it when items featuring illustrations I originally sold to publications subsequently sell through my stores. I feel that it is extra validation of my work.

No comments: