Friday, May 30, 2014

Sigh, Yet Another Genre Writing World Pile-On

I've been made aware of yet another pile-on in the genre writing world. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, BOTH sides in these nasty attacks and counter-attacks end up looking like miserable wretches. If that means I'm sounding superior again, so be it. Though it's not always easy for me to do so, though I do find myself pulled back into the stinking mire from time to time, I'm trying to turn my back on this crap and walk away.

However, I will say this: though Bryan Thomas Schmidt might not come out of this latest genre fracas smelling like roses, I do agree with his comment that some genre writers are "like rotting meat looking for a place to stink." There are some in that realm I do not like in the least. I see them as rotten individuals.

No comments: