Friday, May 23, 2014

My Cover Art for PLASMA FREQUENCY Issue 9 (Print version) a Must-See!

The print copy of Issue 9 of Plasma Frequency that I ordered through Amazon.com arrived in the mail today. I knew that my artwork for the cover of this issue was one of my best cover artworks yet, but WOW! It's fantastic to actually see it on the cover of the zine, in all its glossy glory. I definitely have to frame it sometime.

I like my art that appeared on the cover of the second issue of Plasma Frequency well enough, but I think my rendition of the wildly coloured Nump frogs from Michael Hodges' story "Swampy Transitions" is even more effectively eye-catching than my depiction of the girl and the mechanical unicorn from Lindsey Duncan's "Mythocraft". The whole composition in my art for Issue 9 just works extremely well. Not that my art for Issue 2 is bad, but I believe that my art for Issue 9 is even better. I also believe that the best way to appreciate the artwork is to see it on the cover of the print version.

I don't know, I think the winner of "my best cover artwork yet" might be a toss-up between my cover art for Issue 9 of Plasma Frequency and my cover art for Issue 3 of Disturbed Digest.

What say you?

2 comments:

Rachel V. Olivier said...

I think that's a great cover!

Richard Fay said...

Thanks! I'm proud of it.