Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Couple of Art Queries Sent Off

Today, I sent off a couple of art queries. One went off to a horror/dark fantasy zine that doesn't  commission art, so all it took was sending off a link to my online portfolio.The other went off to the art directors of Weird Tales. This is what I said (hope it wasn't too much for an art query):

Dear Mr. Wong and Mr. Buchwald:
Hello!
I am a published artist/illustrator interested in composing interior illustrations or cover artworks on assignment for Weird Tales, or having previously composed pieces appear within the pages or on the cover of your magazine. My black and white interior illustrations have appeared within a number of publications, including: Issue 2 of [NAMEL3SS] Magazine, Volume 3 of Postscripts to Darkness, Issue 4 of parABnormal Digest, and Issues 1 and 4 of Plasma Frequency. My full-color artworks have appeared on the covers of several publications, including: Issues 2 and 9 of Plasma Frequency, Issues 28 and 32 of OG's Speculative Fiction, and three different issues of Bards and Sages Quarterly.

I have attached five samples of my artwork. The publication history of the works are as follows:
"Denizens of the Diabolic Wood", previously unpublished in a zine, but it does appear in my Redbubble Shop and Zazzle Store.
"Faces and Figures in the Mist" originally appeared in parABnormal Digest, Issue 4, September 2012.
"It Rises From the Ooze" originally appeared in Star*Line, Volume 36, Issue 1, January 2013.
"Legion" originally appeared in Star*Line, Volume 36, Issue 4, October 2014.
"Shedroid on Tentacles" originally appeared in [NAMEL3SS] Magazine, Issue 2 (Fall/Winter 2012), May 2013.

Additionally, my weird dark artwork that appears on the cover of Issue 3 of Disturbed Digest may be viewed here:
http://albanlake.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Disturbed03Cover600.jpg
And more examples of my artwork are found in my online portfolio:
http://azurelionproductions.carbonmade.com/

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Richard H. Fay
Denizens of the Diabolic Wood
Copyright © 2012 Richard H. Fay

Faces and Figures in the Mist
Originally published in parABnormal Digest, Issue 4, September 2012.
Copyright © 2012 Richard H. Fay

It Rises From the Ooze
Originally published in Star*Line, Volume 36, Issue 1, January 2013.
Copyright © 2013 Richard H. Fay
 
Legion
Originally published in Star*Line, Volume 36, Issue 4, October 2014.
Copyright © 2014 Richard H. Fay

Shedroid on Tentacles
Originally published in [NAMEL3SS] Magazine, Issue 2 (Fall/Winter 2012), May 2013.
Copyright © 2013 Richard H. Fay
In both cases, the worst they can say is that they don't like my art or that my style doesn't fit.  I don't know what chance I have, but you never know until you try.

Fingers crossed!

No comments: