Monday, April 28, 2014

Contributor's Copy Arrived Today

 My contributor's copy of the Spring 2014 issue of STAR*LINE arrived in the mail today. My filler artworks "Reflections" and "Dracopterix Pursues Quad Fliers" appear in that issue. Not to sound like a broken record, but it's always nice to see my artwork in print. I think my bold clear line style reproduces well in print. I've stuck with that style ever since I sent a piece called "Punk Orc" to DRAGON magazine back in the late 1980s. They turned down the piece, but in the rejection letter, they said my art had a bold style that would reproduce well. Alas, back then, I didn't keep at submitting art to publications, and only really started submitting art to publications on a regular basis in 2007. Looking back at all the art I've had published in print zines over the last seven years, I think the editors of DRAGON magazine were right.
 

No comments: