Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Critics are Irrelevant

Critics of my art are entitled to their negative opinions. However, seeing as how I continue to sell my art to zines and continue to sell merchandise featuring my art internationally through Zazzle, CafePress, and Redbubble, I consider their negative opinions to be irrelevant.

Even if the zines that publish my art are, as one critic claimed, desperate, how do you explain the fact that customers from several different countries on at least four different continents buy items featuring my "amateuristic" art? Just the other day, someone spent $92.85 on a sterling silver necklace and $18.95 on a premium keychain featuring my "Excalibur". Just this week, I've seen two different sales to two different customers in Australia, which is pretty much the other side of the world from upstate New York. Also, this week happens to be a week where I've seen sales in all three of my online shops, Zazzle, CafePress, and Redbubble.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my best response to my critics is my continued success. Actually, when seen in the light of my sales record, criticisms that claim my art is "amateuristic" are rather comical. The simple truth: "amateuristic" or not, I make money off of my art. My sales say more meaningful things to me than harsh criticisms ever will.

Perhaps I'm a moronic nitwit for saying such things, but I'm a moronic nitwit who is laughing all the way to the bank.

Now I have to go work on my latest commissioned illustration. (The money for that one is already in the bank.)

No comments: