Thursday, March 6, 2014

I See White Cat Has Released All Zine Stories

Interesting announcement on the White Cat Publications site regarding the release of stories for any and all of their magazines:
White Cat Publications: Magazine Story Releases

I am not really affected by this, since the rights to anything of mine they had under consideration were already released back to me on May 9th, 2013, though they did go ahead and publish one of my poems (with one stanza missing) in the Summer 2013 Hungur. It seems to me that this latest news brings some closure to the whole Sam's Dot/White Cat mess. To be honest, I'm not surprised by this latest turn of events. I saw it coming. I'm glad I opted for having my works released back to me back last May so I could send them elsewhere. At least I got paid, which was part of the release agreement. And my works have since seen publication in other venues.

"The Hungering Host", my poem that appeared, minus the last stanza, in the Summer 2013 issue of Hungur also appeared, with all stanzas intact, in Issue #2 of Disturbed Digest. "An Evil in Carnlinton", which had been accepted for publication in the Fall 2013 issue of the Sam's Dot publication Shelter of Daylight, was published in the Feb - Apr '14 Issue of Sorcerous Signals.


No comments: