Friday, February 21, 2014

Poem and Illustration in April '14 NIGHT TO DAWN

My contributor's copy of the April 2014 issue of Night to Dawn arrived in the mail today. Both my reprint horror poem "Shroudeater" and its previously published accompanying illustration appear in this issue. I call "Shroudeater" my "anti-Twilight" because the poem is about a schrattl, a monstrous shroud-eating disease-spreading vampire of Alpine lore. The schrattl is not an emo romantic figure, not in the very least. It's a monster through and through.

This is the third time the poem has seen publication. It was originally published in the Walpurgisnacht 2010 issue of Hungur, and it also appeared in Thirsty are the Damned: A True Vampire Anthology. This is the second zine publication for the illustration, which first appeared alongside the poem in Hungur. I guess you could say editors have shown a liking for my "anti-Twilight".

For those who keep track of such things, this is the third time I've received payment for publication of the poem. Yeah, people do pay me for my works, even if it's just token payments.

No comments: