Friday, July 19, 2013

I'm a Fan of Godzilla! Got a Problem With That?

I love Godzilla and other giant monsters of film. I always have. I'm not ashamed to admit that, as I type this, I have several Bandai and a couple of Trendmaster toys of Toho kaiju, including four different Godzillas, looking down on me from the top shelf of my computer desk.

I passed on my love of Godzilla to my daughter. She has watched Godzilla movies as long as she can remember. When she was little, among the books we would read to her were a couple of Godzilla children's books illustrated by the incredibly talented Bob Eggleton. I am proud of the fact that my daughter, now a grown woman and a talented writer in her own right, penned an intelligent and interesting article about Godzilla for inclusion on her HubPage.

I hear some people in the SF community look down on fans of the "Big G". If you have a problem with my love of Godzilla movies and merchandise, then you have a problem with one of the things that makes me the person I am. If you have a problem with the fact that I am a huge fan of Godzilla, then you have a problem with me.

No comments: