Friday, June 7, 2013

A Few More Thoughts About the SFWA Sexism Brouhaha

Ha! Ha, ha! I saw a comment in one discussion about the whole SFWA sexism mess that I just HAD to steal, because it sums up my own feelings SO well:

"It seems that many people associated with the SFWA have waaaay too much time on their hands."

Yep, that's what it seems like to me, too! (Says the fantasy and science fiction artist who often depicts women in his art in practical garb and reasonable poses, and one whose wife and life partner of 23 years is the major breadwinner of the household.)

Oh, I gather that some of this sexism stink is over art by Jeff Easley? Has anyone asked Jeff Easley (a rather successful fantasy artist) what he thinks of all this?

BTW, I had heard of Jeff Easley LONG before I heard of any of the writers involved in this latest genre brouhaha. I have been a fan of his art for YEARS. To be quite honest, I wouldn't know of most of these loud-mouthed writers if I didn't keep running across their on-line blogs, comments, and complaints.

1 comment:

Richard Fay said...

I'm waiting for someone to call me a sexist male chauvinist pig just so I can throw the reasonably-garbed women in my own fantasy artwork in their face!