Friday, May 31, 2013

Boobs and Bikinis

Now that I have your attention...I am tempted to draw some SFF art featuring suggestively posed big-boobed women clad in scanty outfits just to piss off all those SFF writers who are endlessly complaining about such things! GOOD GRIEF!!!

I tell you, if I actually went ahead and drew such things, it would probably get my work more attention than it gets now. Gosh, could it be THAT'S why you see women depicted in such a manner in SFF art, to get attention?

Not that anyone has seemed to notice, but I tend not to draw suggestively posed big-boobed women clad in scanty outfits. In my art, I tend to draw women like this:

Conjuring the Dragon
Cover-art for OG's Speculative Fiction, Issue #32, September 2011.
Copyright © 2011 Richard H. Fay
And this:
Illustration for Beth Powers' "Nothing Altered"
 Published in Plasma Frequency, Issue 4, February/March 2013.
Copyright © 2013 Richard H. Fay
And this (that's a warrior maid in helmet and mail haubergeon standing up to a two-headed giant):
Making a Stand
Copyright © 2013 Richard H. Fay
And this:
Illustration for Lindsey Duncan's "Mythocraft"
Cover art for Plasma Frequency, Issue 2, October/November 2012.
Copyright © 2012 Richard H. Fay
And this (note that the woman is fully clothed AND is the one shooting at the alien bug while the man runs away):
Giant Alien Bug Attack!
Published in Beyond Centauri, January 2013.
Copyright © 2013 Richard H. Fay
And the young lady riding the rainbow dragon in my fantasy artwork "Over the Top", which appears on the cover of Issue 2 of Youth Imagination, is certainly fully clothed!

This one is rather suggestively posed, but the story I illustrated called for it:
Illustration for Nyki Blatchley's "Aslahkar"
Published in Plasma Frequency, Issue 1, August/September 2012.
Copyright © 2012 Richard H. Fay


1 comment:

Richard Fay said...

BTW, anyone who might call me a misogynist and male chauvinist for my less-than-sensitive tone and attitude can go to Hell! Those who would do that don't really know me at all. Not to mention, they are missing my point.

Unlike those who just go on, and on, and on about something, I tend to let my actions (in this particular case, the way I draw women in my art) speak louder than my words.