Thursday, July 12, 2012

Poem and Art Accepted for Dec 2012 AOIFE'S KISS


Another acceptance, this time, a double...

My poem "Pixies in the Porridge" and its accompanying illustration have both been accepted for publication in the December 2012 issue of Aoife's Kiss. Once the "Pixies in the Porridge" poem and illustration have been published in December, that will be the second time a poetry/art combo of mine has appeared within the pages of that particular publication. The first one ("Gothic Window") was also in December, way back in December 2007 .

"Pixies in the Porridge" is a series of three haiku. One of the haiku has appeared previously on my blogs, but the whole series of three has not. I added the other two haiku and composed the illustration so I could include the poem and art in a fairy poetry collaboration. Alas, the publication of the collaborative anthology never got off the ground, so my collaborators and I decided to use our works separately.

I'm especially glad that "Pixies in the Porridge" has found a good home. It's a fun poem/art combo; the editor called it "entertaining". It's also lighter than many of my works, exploring the mischievous rather than the malignant side of the fairy realm. As much as I'm adept at penning darker works, I don't want to spend all of my time in the dark.

No comments: