Monday, July 9, 2012

Poem Accepted for Publication in THE SCAREALD

My dark poem "Redcap of Dunnor Peel" (not to be confused with my horror short story "The Redcap of Glamtallon") has been accepted for publication in the October issue of The Scareald. Yes, this is the second time I've written about a redcap. I couldn't resist writing a poem about that gruesome border goblin; I think the redcap is a particularly creepy creature of fairy lore. While there are similarities between poem and story, mostly due to the fact that redcaps reside in certain places and behave in certain ways, each one covers somewhat different ground. At least, I hope they do.

An interesting, if useless, bit of information: the redcap poem will be published first, even though I wrote the redcap story over a year before I penned the poem.

No comments: