Friday, March 23, 2012

Illuminated C and D

I've been adding some illuminated letters to my Zazzle store. Some of these letters (like "A" and "B") are reworkings of letters used in the special edition of the Lancelot poetry collection by Alex Ness and Guy-Francois Evrard . However, I never did the whole alphabet when I created the letters for that publication. So, I had gaps in the alphabet. "C" was the first missing letter. Not anymore; last week, I drew a "C", and yesterday I coloured it in and got it up on a bunch of items in my Zazzle store. I still have a few more items to create, but there is already a good collection of "Illuminated C" items up:
Azure Lion Productions: Illuminated "C"

Not content with just getting my "Illuminated C" up on items in my Zazzle store, I also added two different versions of my "Illuminated D" to various items. One version contains the figure of a knight within the "D". The other "D" contains the figure of a medieval lady. The knight actually comes from another "D" created for the special edition of the Lancelot poetry collection by Alex Ness and Guy-Francois Evrard. I inserted him into the "D" containing the lady. I liked the outline in the "D" with the lady better than the outline in the original "D" with the knight:
Azure Lion Productions: Illuminated "D" (Knight)

Today, I'm going to add the C and the two Ds to a few more items, then work on getting an E and F on items in my Zazzle store. This project is going to take a while to complete. It's a good project to work on on-and-off between other projects.

No comments: