Friday, February 24, 2012

"Vengeance of the Alpe" Published in NIGHT TO DAWN, ISSUE 21

In the snail-mailbox today was my contributor's copy of the April 2012 issue of Night to Dawn, Issue 21. Within its pages it contains. among other works, my dark fantasy story "Vengenace of the Alpe". In some ways, this is version two of this story, since the editor of the zine made a few minior changes. She wished to remove some of the adverbs. While I'm no proponent of the "adverbs are evil" movement current in the writing realm, I saw no reason to make a fuss over such small changes. They don't change the story at all. The story sans adverbs could make a good comparison to the alternative version, with adverbs included, previously published in the All Souls' Night 2010 issue of Hungur. It's not easy to find the differences, but they're there.

Alas, this remains my one and only story longer than flash published in a zine (now published in two separate zines). It may remain my lone published story longer than flash if I keep seeing my other stories rejected. Today, I just received another rejection for a horror story that's treading water in my submission pool. My poetry and artwork rarely have to work this hard to see publication.

No comments: