Monday, February 7, 2011

Preditors & Editors Readers Poll Final Tally

The final tallies are in for the Preditors and Editors Readers Poll. Actually, the results of the P&E Poll have been in for a while now, but I only now got around to posting about those results. I suppose I should post the obligatory "how I did" entry, so here goes:

I did best in the categories where there were not that many entries, which tempers my enthusiasm for finishing in the top ten in those categories. My non-fiction article "Robert the Bruce", published in the July 2010 print issue of Abandoned Towers, came in all by itself in third place in the Non-fiction Articles category, but there were only ten entries total in that category My illustration "When Wizards Dream at Night", published in the on-line version of Abandoned Towers, also came in all by itself in third place in the Artwork category, but there were only nine entries total in that category. My poem "Shroudeater", published in the Walpurgisnacht 2010 issue of Hungur, finished tied with Thom Olausson's "Blood of Three" for sixth-place in the Poems category (there were fourteen entries in that one). I finished in a six-way tie for eighth place in the Poets category (there were fourteen entries in that one as well). In the Artists category, I just managed to squeak into ninth place, tied with two other artists (there were thirty-two entries in the Artists category ).

Alas, my works failed to finish in the top ten in both the Horror Short Story and the Book/E-Book Cover Artwork categories. My short dark fiction story "Vengeance of the Alpe", published in the All Souls' Night 2010 issue of Hungur, finished in a three-way tie for sixteenth place in the Horror Short Story category (there were lots of entries in that category). My cover-art for David C. Kopaska-Merkel's speculative poetry collection Brushfires, published by Sam's Dot Publishing, finished in a five-way tie for thirteenth place in the Book/E-Book Cover Artwork category. At least I did have entries in those two categories, which was a step or two in the right direction.

What does this all mean? Probably not much, other than I don't really have the apparatus set up to get the votes. I don't have many friends outside of the publication realm. At this point in time, I really look at the P&E Poll as more of a self-promotional tool than anything else. It's a way to say to people "hey, look what I did over this past year".

Oh well. Now that that's over, time to move on to other things...

No comments: