Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cover-Art for Summer 2011 ABANDONED TOWERS

I have to send the contract to the publisher yet, but it looks like my artwork inspired by fairy folklore, "An Invitation to Elfame", will indeed be used as cover-art for the Summer 2011 print issue of Abandoned Towers. It was a pain-in-the-neck to draw this one, it took me forever, I narrowly avoided a major disaster while in the middle of drawing it, and I'm not entirely happy with the end results (am I ever?), but Crystalwizard seems to like it well enough. In the end, when it comes to art for publication, that's the most important thing, that the editor or publisher likes it.

My art will be on another magazine cover. Yay! If all goes according to plan, I'm going to have quite the presence in this issue. As long as nothing gets forgotten or dropped from the line-up, the Summer 2010 issue will also contain my article "The Darker Side of Fairy Lore", my drawing of a Redcap, and seven of my fairy lore poems (five reprints and two previously unpublished). The cover-art I composed is actually meant as something of an illustration for my poem "An Invitation to Elfame".

Yes, on the forthcoming publication front, 2011 is shaping up pretty nicely so far. I'm back on a roll, and that roll will roll on at least through mid-year. Nice!

No comments: