Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Acceptance of 2010

I received what is very likely my last acceptance of 2010. My dark speculative poem "Song of the Dead" has been accepted for publication in the February 2011 issue of the Sam's Dot Publishing magazine Sounds of the Night.

This will be my fifth poem to appear in Sounds of the Night, not bad for a speculative poet who thought he didn't really write "sensuous" speculative poetry. To be honest, I don't write a lot of sensuous speculative poetry, but I do write it on occasion. The editor actually thanked me for always sending such consistently great work, so I guess I'm doing something right when writing those occasional sensuous piece.

2010 proved to be a troubling year. After all the downs I suffered along with the ups that seemed too few and far between, I'm glad it seems to be ending on an up-note. Perhaps it's a sign of things to come in 2011.

No comments: