Sunday, December 12, 2010

Horrorku "pale shadow" in SCIFAIKUEST

The other day, I received my contributor's copy of the November 2010 print issue of Scifaikuest. Appearing in that issue is my doppelganger horrorku "pale shadow".

Now, I may have mentioned before that some of my supernatural pieces are inspired by real-life strangeness. This horrorku is no exception; my wife and daughter have actually spied my spectral double on several occasions. Oddly enough, Michele caught sight of my phantom twin again the day before my copy of Scifaikuest came in the mail. The double was wearing a blue version of a coat I have in green, but otherwise, it looked just like me. Michele says it even walked like I walk (I apparently have a distinctive gait). Unlike a flesh-and-blood being, it seemed to vanish into thin air.

Yep, the strangeness continues.

No comments: