Friday, February 5, 2010

Wrote a story...

I actually wrote a short story, a 2,700-some-odd word tale about an evil wizard summoning the alpe. This is the first bit of prose fiction larger than a drabble I've written in something like three years. I wrote plenty of poems and several articles in that time, but my prose fiction writing ground to a complete standstill. I've been meaning to get back to prose fiction, but never got around to it until now.

The story has already been sent out into the cold, cruel world (hopefully not so cold and cruel because the editor in question had requested a story from me, but we shall see.) I'm actually kind of nervous because I don't have a proven track record when it comes to prose fiction. What if I can't write publishable prose fiction? What if the editor doesn't like it? What if no one likes it? I guess I just wait and see what happens.

Fingers crossed!

No comments: