Friday, September 25, 2009

Shameless Parental Brag

My daughter received a letter in the mail yesterday informing her that she has been invited to join Phi Theta Kappa, the international honour society for students of two year colleges. I am very proud, and this proves that she was more than ready for college. I guess we did something right in home-school after all. I saw it as my duty to prepare her for college, and I guess I performed that duty admirably. Of course, credit must go where credit is due, and Stephanie would never have earned this honour if she hadn't work hard to achieve it. She is a good kid (alright, young adult), and she understands the importance of a college education.

Anyway, this makes three-for-three honour society inductees (or soon-to-be-inductees) in this household. I was made a member of Phi Beta Kappa back in '92, during my last semester at SUNY Albany. My wife was inducted into Alpha Sigma Lambda, a national honour society for adult learners in continuing higher education, in '99. And now my daughter will be a member of Phi Theta Kappa.

Aren't we just a family of braniacs?

No comments: