Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Quote

Thom Olausson, a fellow poet, had asked if I could come up with a quote he could use to promote his forthcoming collection. I told Thom to send some poetry my way and I would see what I might come up with. He e-mailed me a bunch of poems, and I came up with what seemed like an appropriate quote:

"Thom Olausson's compact verse captures the pure beauty and emotive power of nature as well as the timeless strength of myth and folklore. The cycle of life and death, birth and rebirth, flows throw his words, given immediacy by the brevity of his chosen form."
- Richard H. Fay, poet and artist

Well, Thom liked the quote. Actually, he said it was wonderful. So, it looks like my quote may be one of those used to help promote Thom's forthcoming collection. I don't know if it will do any good, I don't know if my words and opinions carry any real weight, but I was honoured and flattered to be asked to come up with a quote to be used in such a way.

Now, I'm more anxious than ever to have my own collection out there! I'm starting to think that waiting for publication is truly the hardest part. And I'm far from having a complete set of illustrations for the collection-in-progress (not to be confused with the one currently under contract, with a tentative publication date of early 2010).

No comments: